Friday, January 20, 2012

DUM..DUM..DUM

I stood before my dean, my knees where shaking badly back and forth. I was expecting the punishment, the vivid, raw anger. Then the unexpected happened, my dean forgave me. I walked out into the cold January night still trying to process what had just happened.

I had broken the rules; I had purposely gone against what our school stood for. Yet I wasn’t the one who got the consequences. I should have felt elated, but I didn’t. I couldn’t. I kept seeing the eyes of my dean looking in mine. What I saw in them bothered me. I saw pain. Pain that I had caused.
Judgment day came and I was pardoned, when I didn’t deserve it. 

God has pardoned us too. Every time that we sin we are going against God. But He is always willing to forgive us. Some might see sin as a glamours life without boundaries, but when we sin, no one wins. It doesn't satisfy your soul and usually you end up hurt. But nobody gets hurt as badly as God. He has all the reasons to get rid of us, but instead of death, we got life. God has been merciful to us. We will never deserve the goodness and mercy of God, yet somehow He has chosen for us to be called His Children. Not only forgiving us but also adopting us. Praise the Lord for His mercy! 

Praise the Lord for nice deans!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Sometimes I get upset at their dumb consequences and whatnot, but it is these things that teach us they love us.

    ReplyDelete