Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wild, Wacky, and Wonderful Friends

Friends are amazing! Especially my friends. It's funny how you become friends with someone. Take Loralee for instance. When I first met her we got along fine. But things changed between us and I started disliking her. It was pretty dumb. I didn't want to take the time to really get to know her and I just judged her. As a result I missed out on getting to know an awesome person. One day I went over to Loralee's dorm to visit one of my friends and Loralee came over. I remember being ready to bolt out of there as fast I could, cause I was really scared of her. But I stayed to be polite and started a conversation with her. I was amazed when we started talking and I realized that we had things in common. Since then our friendship has blossomed and grown so much. She is a farm kid and I am a city kid, but you know what? We have a common glue that binds us closer together. That's Christ. He is the reason why friendships work.


Most of my past friendships have been based on things that don't last. Boys, gossiping and etc. But God has shown me that when you put Him first in all friendships and relationships you love people more - with His love. You don't see them for what they are, you see them for Who they are in Christ. "The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”  1 Sam 16:7  I appreciate you lots Loralez!

No comments:

Post a Comment