Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm singing in the rain!

Singing has always been a big part of my life. It's my way of expressing myself and I just love it! People always comment on how they can hear me bellowing throughout the dorm when I am singing in the shower. Anyways I have a very big slight problem. I can't really sing in front of people, and being at a very musical school everyone expects you to do just that.
Every time I have to sing for voice lessons or music auditions my hands start shaking and sweating and I sound worse than a frog trying to sing karaoke at a bar. But I decided one day to conquer my old fear and to audition for this one song that I really liked. So I plucked up my courage and went to see my good old friend Dave, who works in the music office, and asked him if I could audition some day. He said sure and I went away feeling happy that I had asked. Later on in the day we were in orchestra when I heard Craig, our music director, say that he wanted to try "I want Jesus to Walk with me", which is the song that I wanted to sing. I felt the feeling of dread come over me as I watched Dave talk to Craig and realized that they were both looking at me. My first reaction was to bolt and run away, but I knew that if I did do that then I would be letting my fears control me. So instead I walked up front and took the mike that they gave me and prayed as I sang. It was such an amazing experience, letting God lead me as I sang. I really meant every word that I sang.


I want Jesus to walk with me
I want Jesus to walk with me
All through this pilgrim journey
I want Jesus to walk with me

 It's so cool to serve a God that is willing to walk with us wherever we may go. Through trails and tribulation I know that God is right there beside me leading me home.Even if it's a small thing, like singing a solo, God is ALWAYS THERE!

1 comment:

  1. Girl I am proud of you my dear friend, You have an amazing voice, and I am glad that you got to sing that song...Woot woot...lol

    ReplyDelete